Thursday, April 20, 2006

Can I touch your hair?

I couldn’t take it…I went and got a weave last night. My whip is laid.
When I got to work today
My Asian boss says “My, your hair is so pretty.”
I say “Thank you. I got it done last night.”
Asian boss says “Wow, What exactly did they do?”
I say “well they braid your hair and then sew the fake hair into your braids.”
Asian boss says “How long does it take?”
I say “Oh, a couple of hours…”
Asian boss says “Hours?!... Well it looks great…”
I say “Thank you.”
Asian boss says “Can I touch it?”
I look at Asian boss very suspiciously… “Um, sure.”
Asian Boss fingers my hair carefully “IT FEELS JUST LIKE MINE!!!”
I say “yes…I prolly does.”
Asian Boss says “Here feel mine…” She whips around her straight black crop and issues it to me like its gold plated sheets…I finger it…
I say “I guess it does..”
Asian boss “That’s fantastic!!!!”

3 comments:

ListenToLeon.net said...

LOL @ this...White folks are famous for doing that to black women, too. They stay touching folks' hair.

I get the opposite, though. Old black women always want to touch my hair when it's longer since it gets curly...lol

hdaisy said...

http://www.cafepress.com/r_a_n/1696004

looks like you could use a "touch your own hair" shirt!

Shameless said...

http://justyougirl.blogspot.com/

funny post!lol we black girls can't escape that sort of behaviour, whether it's a weave, a 'fro or braids!