Thursday, August 14, 2008

What's she mean by "they"?

I don't like my co-workers. I 'm the only black girl on my floor. Actually in the whole building...there's one other black girl but... she's not really a fly girl. lol...

Well, in my department I'm the newest person (one year) when I got here everyone already had thier little cliques. So for this year, I've been basically the loner. I dont' really have anything in common with them and don't really care to. I bring my books and read and just do me.

Earlier this week one of the chics in my department says to another guy (both of which I could live my whole life with never speaking to either of them again and be just fine)
"Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac died. They just need one more"
He in turn says "They do go in threes don't they."

I sit across from her and in front of him. I give her the what-the-fuck-did-you-just-say look. she says "Oh, I mean you know actors..."

What yall think?

9 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

hmmm...sounds suspect

Chris said...

Funny...I mean, honestly I was thinking that famous people usually die in threes...not negroes...but I'm sure they weren't thinking about famous people though...

She Needs said...

I would have given them more than just a look, I would have spoken my mind up in there

Sha Boogie said...

I think you shoulda opened up you can of whoopass and asked them if they wanted a bite! lol

Nina said...

noo...i'm gonna disagree.

people (they) usually die in threes.

and just because they're white doesnt mean they were racist even though yuo should send them a link about sensitivity in the workplace.

Liz said...

hmmm.... it's hard to saty without hearing the tone BUT the fact that the chick tried to clean it up means there was probably some underlying racism in it...

Jane said...

yeah liz...if she wouldn't have tried to explain herself...I lightweight would have given her a pass.

Don said...

I think you should have gave her the look of 'now I see why people treat you like they do.'


Cause you have to know that she's being mistreated somewhere in her life.

Kenya Says said...

WTF...sounds suspect...