Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I love My President.

Last night, as I watched My handsome President and his beautiful wife dancing gracefully across the stage my eyes filled with tears. I felt/feel so honored and proud of my country. It was truly an event to remember. This was a large step for America, we still have a long way to go but we are breaking down more and more barriers each day... and I Love it!!

They are such a Lovely couple. I swear I love them. They are a reflection of what a relationship could be. What love really should look and be like. Out in the open for everyone to see. He holds her hand and glides her around the world... Letting everyone know that this is his woman that he loves for better or worst. It's so real. They are real life...Like she'd check him if he were acting up.... And he’d tap her thigh to hush her up if she was talking too much... I love it. I really honestly do.

Black people need to see this. We really honestly need it. So many of us grew up with out that... without really knowing what a loving relationship between a man and a woman looks like. People do not understand this mean so much more to the black race then any other and not because we have a 1st Black President; but, because it means so much to see a REAL Family, a Family that is about Family 1st.

Jay Z and Beyonce could have a big impact too; but they want to keep it all on the down low. They could show the world how love can be, what LOVE looks like. We don't know that type of love too well... and they hide it. That to me makes other men fell like it’s ok because…well Jay Z hides Beyonce…and she’s Beyonce... I hope maybe they will be more Vocal about it cause she was on Ellen in tears about her man that’s the Beyonce I want to see...

Back to Barrack. This man knows his wife and he knows that she stood by his side through all this cause she saw his dream. This shows Black Men that (or needs to show them) when we Black Women feel loved and appreciated then we will stay down and do what needs to be done. Black Men love to say we are not down for them... but this was a case that proved so many ideologies to be wrong. Love me and Appreciate me and know I will be here but do not use, abuse or mistreat me... Look at Will and Jada and he loves his wife too and will compliment her in front of the world ...

I think this is one of my favorite things about VH1… I’m number one all day everyday. He has no problem stepping up to hold my hand or glide me around the world….

Well enough of my soap box, I hope this makes sense...I'm like off of three cups of crackcoffee and just so excited about My President.

1 comment:

Lil Honey B said...

Yes! I feel the same way...I love how our president reagrds his wife. Like she MATTERS to him and he to her. It's a beautiful thang....