Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"good morning sunshine"

the first thing i heard this morning was "babe. its 8 o'clock." i rolled over and kissed his cheek. laid my head in the perfect size space where his neck and shoulders meet. closed my eyes. inhaled. i couldn't open my eyes. i laid there 3 minutes, hating that i would eventually have to get dressed. "get up babe." he repeated. I slid off of the bed onto the floor. pulled the mini dress and tights that I planned on wearing today, out of the closet and threw them on the floor next to the iron. i plugged the iron in. I went into the bathroom, peed. washed my hands. started the shower water. grabbed my towel from the hallway closet. undressed and stepped into the steaming water.

i leave the bathroom towel covering the most important parts, walk into my room. vh1 is on the floor ironing my mini dress. "hey, pretty girl, I did you a solid." i smile. i tell him "you're my favorite." he says "i know."

we left my house stopped at the burger stand on the corner and got bacon and eggs and toast. we sat there eating like i didn't have to go to work. like he didn't have anything to do. drank orange juice and coffee. laughed.

then i went to work.

21 minutes late. but in a great mood.

7 comments:

Nina said...

lovely

Young woman on a journey said...

that's what's up!

jirzygurl said...

awww... love it!

Chris said...

Love is dope, but checks are more consistant! j/p, but you better get to work on time!

Eb the Celeb said...

aawwweee.... i need to find me a boo (sigh)

Sincerely Jane said...

Awwwww.. So cute I'm over here blushing for you.

Moody Gemini said...

I love it!

Enjoy your love!