Monday, February 23, 2009

yesterday i almost died....or went to jail...or...

Sunday morning, I'm laying in bed. Feeling sick with a cold.
VH1 is laying next to me a little hung over from the night before.
MY (my six year old) comes in to the room with her two bags on her arm.
She says "Mommy, I'm going to my daddies for a little while."
I say "You leaving me? I couldn't stand it if you left me."
She says "You really want me to stay?"
I say "Of course I would die if you left me."
She puts her bags down and says "ok, I'll stay" Then she says "Are you sick mom?"
I say yeah.
She says "What you need?"
I say "I'm going to go get me some coffee in about five minutes, you want to walk with me?"
She says yes, I tell her to go put on her clothes.

A few minutes later the house was too quiet.
So I call her.
No answer.
I call her again no answer.
I go in the living room the front doors are wide open.
I scream!!!!!!!!

Vh1 jumps up and says "where is she?" I say "I don't know." He runs outside no shirt no shoes just jeans.

I throw on pants (that were too small and my panties were showing) and I'm running down the street. Vh1 runs the opposite way.

I'm screaming her name like a lunatic. I'm runnung down the street and I see a bundle of clothes in the middle of the main street which I think is her... I get to the corner I'm screaming and crying....It's not her.

But there's a man on the corner, he says "you looking for your daughter?" I say "yea!" he says "she told me she was going to the coffee store. I told her to go to 7 11 !"
I push him out of my way. A$$ hole!

I'm running down Manchester bare foot, in jeans that are too little, with a green tank top, green and blue underwear showing and my red gangster rag on my head . I get to 711 out of breath about to have an asthma attack.

There are two men at 7 11 that MY is trying to talk into giving her a cup of coffee because her mother doesn't feel good.

They were about to call the police..

I fell on to the ground and started crying. My heart damn near stopped. I threw up.
I began shaking uncontrollably.

That's how I spent my weekend. How about you?

7 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

Oh my days. MY is so sweet. but i can't imagine what you were going through! i'm just glad that all worked out well. hope you enjoyed the rest of the weekend!

Nina said...

oh my gosh! yes...my is such a sweet little girl...why would that bum tell her to got 711...why not tell her to go home...smh!

Chris said...

That bum should've been slapped with the backhand...it was cute for her to go get you coffee though...super cute...but scary at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Oh Whoa! My eyes started to water up as I read this. Thank God she is okay!

She Needs said...

OMG...I would have fallen out and died on spot after finding my child. Thank God nothing happened to her, the bum would have gotten laid out.

I just realized the other day, my son can now open the dead bolt locks, it is now time to get a chain lock or something. He hears other kids outside and wants out.

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

well i have been to jail before

Moody Gemini said...

I am sooooo....late but I am glad you found MY and that she loves her Mommy so much she would trek down and find her coffee. You are doing right by her.