Friday, February 20, 2009

The trouble with youngsters today...

ok, so I'm feeling better. I did my hair. I cleaned my house. I washed and cleaned the car and went on a mini shopping spree. And I feeling better physically.

I guess those Estrogens were effing with me earlier this week.

So last night I was feeling real good. I went to Target. I was getting MY some uniform pants (cause she's growing like a string bean) and some new tennis shoes (because she needs a new pair like everymonth! them Nikes I got her for the start of the year are all scuffed up).

Well, I'm strolling through the shelves and I see a young black girl. She looks like she's about 22. She has a young daughter and she appears to be debating whether to buy a few different pairs of shoes. She had on a Pharmacy Technician smock. It reminded me of myself when I was her age. I stood there for a second just remembering those days.

I went over to her. I introduced myself. I told her that I am also a pharmacy technician and I've been in the pharmacy field for 10 years now. I told her that I didn't know how much she made but the drug company that I work for is hiring. They have really great benefits, it's Monday through Friday 9 to 6 (which is like the goose that laid a golden egg to a tech cause you'll never work those hours at a hospital or a pharmacy) , I tell her that the pay is excellent. I tell her that I've been working here for 2 years and I make about 51K a year. I tell the best thing is you get a base pay which is small like $19 to 21 an hours but you get paid comission which is any where from $1500 to unlimited a month. I give the young girl my card and tell her to go to the website if she's intrested or knows someone who is intrested in applying.

Do you know this young heffa gave me mad ass attitude? Eyes rolling head snapping...ghetto popping.... I just shook my head and walked away.

What do yall think? Was I wrong? Was I out of line?

6 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

hell no. she could have just not gone to your website. but who would turn down leads on good jobs or have an attitude?

She Needs said...

Not in my eyes, she was just young and foolish. Can't help those who don't wan to be helped.

LipstickOne said...

no, i WISH someone can walk up to me and tell me if someone was hiring.

it was probably just pride.

Trish said...

I agree with everyone else. She was just young and dumb. Good she showed her true colors so you didn't refer someone who was disintered.

Sha Boogie said...

no way were you wrong! i woulda have been like, word?? good looking out! lol geesh...yungins!

E said...

what the hell? i would have thanked you. times are hard and jobs are even harder to come by. why would she snap at you for good advice? idiot.