Wednesday, January 28, 2009

they call me brotha to the night.....

so one of my very good friends ambo is getting married.
she lives up north. so this march i'm flying up there to go to her wedding.

but this weekend she's having her bridal shower around the corner from my house. (she's originally from this area and the majority of her family is too) i am sooooo excited.

the theme of her wedding is "love jones" (her new hubby's last name is jones and that movie is her favorite movie) the invitations are soooo adorable.

for her gift i decided to make a "love kit", i brought a cute box with these simply adorable colors (brown and hot pink and white) with a top, a bottle of champagne ($10), two champage glasses with "Jones" engraved on them ($0.99 cent store and the swapmeet around the corner), a massage lotion($6), a box of chocolates ($3), ky- his and hers ($6), a classy lingerie dress with matching undies($11 walmart....i brought myself the same one for vh1 and he LOOOOVVVVVEEEEDDDD it...matter fact i might pull that on out again), a "lover's CD ($1- made it myself...it has the sweetest thing by lauryn hill...say yes by floetry, Whenever whatever by maxwell and 8 other of my most favorite bump and grind songs) and the book "Like the singing coming off of the Drums: Love Poems" by Sonia Sanchez ($5) Amazon books (two of the poems used in the movie love jones are from this book) and a picture of us at our jr high homecoming with her hair her looking super fly...

tell me that this gift didn't take time and consideration and research! lol

I was going to buy condoms....but do married people use condoms? I wouldn't think so.... anyhoo..

All the shopping brought up so many memories of my friendship with her...like taking our first HIV test together and me teaching her to drive...even though she's a backwards lefty and her giving me her left over graduation invitations because I couldn't afford my own, our crazy converstations in our high pitched voices and letters to each other our first year in college, being in this Cedric Ceballos music video made at his house for his two minute rap career....even though it was never released...i should check youtube for it..... gees I love her.

i love seeing people in love. its an event to be admired and truely treasured. i am sooo happy for my girl ambo.

she's always been the good girl. always. going to school everyday, getting a 4.2 average, going to berkley getting her degree and her masters, working for the govenor....i mean seriously my homegirl has it going on. i am so happy for her....and i cannot wait to see her saturday. i also get to see faces of folks i haven't seen in 10 years....trip that?!

well that that that that's allllll folks!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're good at gifts!

any tips on boyfriend gifts? vday is coming up, and i'm stuck!

JaeSpenc said...

Wow-- that's a great gift!! Very thoughtful...

Young woman on a journey said...

your gifts are super thoughtful! she's goign to love them1

Chris said...

That is a nice gift...and no, married people do not use condoms...well, at least not me!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

That is a great gift. Yes married people sometimes use condoms if nobody's using and other birth control and nobody wants to get pregnant. Otherwise it's pull and pray...

Liz said...

excellent gift choices! very nice!!

Nina said...

beautiful!

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

love and being in love - what morte can one desire except for respect and peace

Monie said...

LOL @ pull and pray.

Congrats to your girl! *wondering when we'll hear of yourrrrr upcoming marriage*

E said...

lol im with monie. hehe. that was a really thoughtful gift, jane. great ideas. and i loved this post. it made me all happy and whatnot lol

Eb the Celeb said...

Noooooooooo... she stole my theme

Jane said...

@ anon: I haven't a clue...lol VH1 is just getting his initials shaved into my ...well you know and I brought a black sheer lingerie thingy...he should like it.

@ Jae: thanks! I really don't have much family so I especially value my friendships...I try to maintain them at all costs...By the way your hair is BANGING on that picture!

@ Journey: Thanks! She really did like it.

@ Chirs: Yall den went and jumped the broom already?!

@ jrockstar: LOL at pull and pray!

@ Liz: what you want for your gift? LOL

@ Monie: please girl me and Vh1 so far off from jumping brooms it would be a definite surprise if "he went to Jared" lol

@E.... Girl thank you and whatnot or whathaveyou.

@Eb: well she way over here on the West you could still take it I won't tell her!! LOL