Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I HEART music.

I love music.

As I was driving to work this morning, the morning station that I listen to played "The Sweetest Thing" By Lauryn Hill. I almost had an accident as I screamed with excitement. I felt tingly in my hands. Felt like I could explode. Tears formed. It was a happiness I couldn't explain. Something like seeing a family memember I hadn't seen in a while.

There are some songs that I feel so connected to, it's as if I lived them myself.

I could not see my life with out music. Everything I do I can relate to a beat. Working, driving, speaking, parenting, loving, orgasming,. There are some songs that I wish I could breath...songs and words and verses that I wish I could inhale. Even some songs I wish I could cut apart and eat, consume them like a hot meal.

I've got an ongoing rhythm in my head. Not an annoying shoot your co-wokers sound....A life is moving and shaping and growing and becoming and stopping and starting and flowing and haulting all at the same time type sound.

Inspirational, Emotional, Grimy, Intimate, Gritty, Comical, the adjectives could just grow.


Does anyone feel me?

7 comments:

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

dont we all and yes i do
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

Nina said...

i feel u..

Undeniably...Deep aka Tina-B said...

2 Times for the ones who love music!

I'm one of those people who cant sing, but sings anyway! I sing with the radio, I play music in my head when theres no music playing.

I even listen to music when i'm reading and writing blogs! (Right now..."Here & Now" by Luther Vandross)

And I got music on 2 of my 3 blogspots! (Oh, And I'm gonna update those for ppl who are tired of hearing JJ Fad & The Braids)

The Love Collective said...

Music is one of God's great gifts.

Eb the Celeb said...

I feel you... just about anything lauryn hill has that type of effect on people... its crazy to me how music has evolved in a way that very little songs I hear now will have that type of feeling when I hear them 10-20 years from now.. like I listen to old whitney houston and it always touches my soul... but I'm not going to listen to ciara or rihanna 10 years from now and it have that effect

poison.ivy said...

i feel you.
music is my life.
everything that happens in my life...i can find a song to relate.

E said...

i feel u and i looove that song.