Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Alrighty then.
My weekend was coolie-o.

I went to eat with Bobby on Friday… We had a good time. He’s very un-expectedly nice.

AMP and I talked (texted) a bit about maybe getting together at the beginning of this week.

Saturday big sis and I went to Killigan’s and had some drinks before seeing “Inside man” it was pretty good. Long but good.

Sunday, I went to church. Service was beautiful. I picked up My. I hadn’t seen my child in more than a week. We were so excited to see each other. I was going to drive out to Fontana to my uncles but there was way too much traffic. I just brought El Pollo loco and headed home.

I was supposed to take My to her dad’s that evening but Some guy shot and killed another guy at the end of my block so I couldn’t leave and no one could come. What is wrong with people these days?

I struggle with the thought of the state of mind of people in general today. Not just young or black or just the folks in my neighborhood but everyone. What is wrong? I admit that I am purposefully detached from the people I live around. Yet when things like Sunday happen I suddenly realize how connected we all are. I can’t believe we have evolved so much and yet so little. In our minds, in our focus, in our relationships with one another. All it takes is to be kind and mindful of one another. Some will say I’m over simplifying the situation but that’s really all God asks of us. To be kind and mindful one another.

So I just prayed and fell asleep on my couch.

Ambo called me and asked if i wanted to go visit Monnie. She had yet another baby and her husband is "out-of-town" so she needed a little company. Monnie's apartment is banging... I need to move. Her new addition to her gang is the cutest little boy you've ever seen. He has like eight chins. It was good fellowshiping with my friends...A real breath of fresh air.

Last night AMP calls me and leaves me a message that was so sweet. He says “I haven’t heard from you in a while, you’re working to hard, you need to take a vacation with me to Mexico, call me when you get this.” So I thought it was sweet. I didn’t think he was for real. I though he was just being cute. But when I spoke to him this morning. He’s all “date-checking” me (a LP term…if you don’t know me you’ll never know), and making plans for this “mexico excursion” so I guess we’re going to mexico… in two weeks… (I knew I shoulda been working on my abs)… with my friend man guy that I sorta want to kiss.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Girl you lost me with all the code names! Sounds like as always you had a busy but good time. You need a Key at the top of the Post with the answers to who is who by the code names! LOL!!